Video Thumbnail - colored vertical bars, not video image thumbnail

Video Thumbnail - colored vertical bars, not video image thumbnail

Hello! I have a video uploaded to vimeo that renders in vimeo but in constant contact it is not; what shows as the thumbnail is the colored vertical bars.  I've gotten it to work on another test email but when I tried it in my final version, the colored vertical bars show up and now I can't get it to work with any version.  It just seems very inconsistent so I can't figure out what the issue is.  Any feedback or recommendations you can share would be so helpful as we have a video that needs to go out in the next day.    Thank you!

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Video Thumbnail - colored vertical bars, not video image thumbnail

Hi @GailD90 

I apologize you're having this experience with the video block in your email! I have taken a look at this campaign and was unable to replicate this same experience. Your email both in the preview window of our editor and the test email in my own email client did not have this vertical bar appear. Are you seeing this happen in a preview of your account or a test email in your email client? If you are having this experience in a preview, does working in a different browser help? While on the other hand if it's in your email client, what email client are you using? Are you seeing this bar in more than one email client? These are helpful details to know along with any screenshots you may have.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue. Thumbnail appears as vertical bars on preview, test and on both Chrome and Firefox browsers. I created am working from a MacBook Pro.

Highlighted

Hi @DonnaP544 

Thank you for reaching out with these details! I apologize you too are having this experience. Our Support was able to determine this color bar preview is a defect happening specifically with Vimeo videos. The workarounds we suggest is to use the Share option URL by clicking the paper plane icon on your video page, remove the "s" from "https" on the URL, or to create an image of video and insert it as a clickable image to your video. In the meantime I have added you to our queue to be notified when this is resolved.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.