View and edit the contact record for an individual contact

SOLVED
Go to solution
AmericasBoatingClubHiltonHead
Brand Influencer
0 Votes

Hello - I am trying to update the email address for a contact.  System says the updated email address is already used in the system - however, when I do an export and search for the email address, it does not exist.  Why is CC telling me that the email address is already being used?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If that email address was already previously on the account, its contact record may be attached and unable to be edited. I'd advise adding the updated address to the system via the type/paste multiple or import file methods, since the singular add will likely encounter the same issue. Once that email address has been added as contact, you can update it with all the associated contact info (name, address, custom fields, list memberships and tags, etc.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If that email address was already previously on the account, its contact record may be attached and unable to be edited. I'd advise adding the updated address to the system via the type/paste multiple or import file methods, since the singular add will likely encounter the same issue. Once that email address has been added as contact, you can update it with all the associated contact info (name, address, custom fields, list memberships and tags, etc.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST