Waiting List for Events

Frequent Participant

Waiting List for Events

We are hosting an event in a few weeks and I set up the event to close at 50 registrants. The problem is, as soon as we hit 50 registrants, the event registration page closes and people who want to register are unable to. Is there a wait list feature with the events management tool that I could install?

Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20

Hi Alison,

Unfortunately, we do not have a Waiting list option for Event Marketing. I submitted this feature request on your behalf to our developers. This is a very popular idea, so I hope that they implement it for you and the other users looking for this option.

I have 2 workarounds for you to try:

1 - You can put in wording in the Event Invitation that if the Event's registration is closed to email you and you will put them on a waiting list

Or

2 - You could create a back up Event under Event Marketing and that can be used as the Waiting List.  You would then insert the URL for that Event into the Live one.

I hope that makes sense.

Frequent Participant

Is it possible to change the "registration closed" message when our event has reached capacity?

Frequent Participant

That would also be helpful. RIght now you can't touch those messages.

Frequent Participant

I agree. The problem is we sent an email a few days ago with the link to the registration form.

Today the event is full. Those who click to register will only see the registration is closed.

I set up a separate wait list event, but I can't think of a way to direct the people who received the email to the wait list event. 

Frequent Participant

We have this problem all the time. Its really frustrating for the people who would like to come to the event. Most of the time they end up emailing us or i'm sure sometimes they don't.

I made the event cap at 10 more people then the space can hold because I'm guessing a few people won't end up showing but it'd be so much easier to create a wait list. Or at least alter the message.

I'd also love to find out how registrants can cancel their own registration.

Frequent Participant

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I'd sure to find a workaround to avoid getting tons of emails and calls.

It'd be helpful to be able to manually change the event url.

Frequent Participant

I understand!

Occasional Participant

I'm reviewing Eventspot and trying to decide whether to become a customer. In general, I really like the service.

However, the lack of a waitlist is a serious shortcoming — even with the suggested workaround. I haven't yet decided if it's a show-stopper.

Has any progress been made on this?

Thanks for considering Constant Contact!

Regarding the Waitlist feature request, our engineers are reviewing customer feedback on the subject in hopes to find a way to incorporate it in future updates.  As of right now, we do not have a specific ETA, but your continued feedback is very valuable and will help to get the ball rolling!

Best regards,

Brandon Dautrich
Constant Contact Customer Support
Occasional Participant

Thanks Brandon but I hope you can understand my skepticism. It seems this was showing up for a long time as a highly desirable item. Here it is - seven months later - and still the same answer.

Hi,

I wish I had a time frame as to when this feature would be implemented but unfortunately, I do not. We've passed on your feedback regarding this to a product owner so I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Participant

I think it would be really helpful to create a waiting list option on the event side. Say we can only have 40 people at an event. Set the cutoff at 40 and the keep the ability to register open and create a waiting list for those who can attend if someone has to cancel after registering. If someone cancels, then the program would notify the first person on the waiting list that a spot is open and they can go in a accept (through the notification email).

Just a thought...

Hi Sara,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'll add your name and description to this idea for future review.

Thanks again for your post,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Occasional Participant

Hello. I'm registering my vote for a waiting list feature. This is a significant shortcoming of Constant Contact.

Jennifer,

I have added your acct as a vote under this request. Thank you for your input.

Thank you,
Marty K
Social Media Support
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me href="http://www.twitter.com/ctcthelp" target="_blank">here!
Occasional Participant

Add me to the list too!  I'm currenlty in the same boat.  My event will soon close and I'd like to set up a waiting list.

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your feedback, happy to add your vote!

Thanks,

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Occasional Participant

Hi

This thread was started a year and a half ago.  Would you please give an update on the decision to add a waitlist feature.  I was seriously considering using eventspot, however, the waitlist and freedom to edit the responses to a full event are vital features.   I'd like to know more than if a vote has been cast.....

Thank you.

Hi Deirdre,

Thanks for your post. A waitlist function is under review currently so I do not have a timeframe. I'm happy to add your comments as a vote as we make improvements based on what customers are looking for. 

As for editing responses, are you looking to add to the details a registrant provides or are you looking to customize the registration form more? 

Thanks for your help,

Hannah M.

Regular Participant

Wanting to add a vote as well. Not having a cut-off would be misleading to the registrants, but having one with no indication of wait list option means potential lost business for us. We do a lot of events, almost invariably with a maximum number of participants. Need to be able to track others who are interested so we can respond accordingly.

Thank you.