Want ability to send email to unsubscribe email address

SOLVED
Go to solution
BobbyF50
Campaign Collaborator
I use CC for our members and sometimes they click wrong button and get unsubscribed. I want to help them re subscribe. Help!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kara_D
Employee

Hi BobbyF50!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this question! You have a couple of options available:

Manually Resubscribe a Contact (available in classic Contact Management) - See screenshots here

• Click Contacts
  • Click View all Contacts
  • Enter the email address of the contact you want to resubscribe. (If you have more than 10,000 contacts in your account, click Search Contacts first)
  • Click on your contact's name
  • Click "Resubscribe"
  • Select the lists you want to add the contact to.
  • Check the box to confirm that your contact is expecting to hear from you.
  • Click Send Email.

Use a Lead Generation Landing Page - This also a great option for accounts that are using our New Contacts Management Dashboard (Contacts Redesign Beta

• Read about creating a Lead Generation Landing Page here
  • Once the form has been created you can send the URL from your personal email or
  • Guide your contact to the signup form on your website (if you have one) 

With either of these options. the Reconfirm Opt-in Email is sent and your contact's status changes from "Unsubscribed" to "Awaiting Confirmation". You can't send emails to your contact while in this status. As soon as your contact clicks the button in the confirmation email and completes the opt-in, they'll be added to the lists you selected and their status is changed to "Express Permission". You can start sending emails again.

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Kara_D
Employee

Hi BobbyF50!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this question! You have a couple of options available:

Manually Resubscribe a Contact (available in classic Contact Management) - See screenshots here

• Click Contacts
  • Click View all Contacts
  • Enter the email address of the contact you want to resubscribe. (If you have more than 10,000 contacts in your account, click Search Contacts first)
  • Click on your contact's name
  • Click "Resubscribe"
  • Select the lists you want to add the contact to.
  • Check the box to confirm that your contact is expecting to hear from you.
  • Click Send Email.

Use a Lead Generation Landing Page - This also a great option for accounts that are using our New Contacts Management Dashboard (Contacts Redesign Beta

• Read about creating a Lead Generation Landing Page here
  • Once the form has been created you can send the URL from your personal email or
  • Guide your contact to the signup form on your website (if you have one) 

With either of these options. the Reconfirm Opt-in Email is sent and your contact's status changes from "Unsubscribed" to "Awaiting Confirmation". You can't send emails to your contact while in this status. As soon as your contact clicks the button in the confirmation email and completes the opt-in, they'll be added to the lists you selected and their status is changed to "Express Permission". You can start sending emails again.

Kara.D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
HarrisW5
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

There is no resubscribe option on the contact edit page.

Adelina_R
Employee

Hello @HarrisW5 ,

Unfortunately, in our new contacts remodel we did leave out the resubscribe button. If you'd like we can pass this along to our developers and contact you via email if we have more information on this or add this back!

In the meantime, you can use the sign up form you can find here:

• Sign-Up Forms
  • Basic Landing Pages
  • and Clicking Sign-Up Form 

To resubscribe contacts! 

Adelina R

HarrisW5
Campaign Collaborator

Thanks Adelina R, but this is not an acceptable solution. We need the 

• Click "Resubscribe" option back as soon as possible.
RobDouglas_SCC
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

I have tried send our member a link to our landing page and he keeps getting an error. I have tried as well and get an error when I put in his information. I used the same link and put my information in and was successful. What do I need to do to be able to re-add him.

Please help!

Rob

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RobDouglas_SCC ,

Are you receiving a specific error message that you can screencap or copy-paste for us?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
RobDouglas_SCC
Rookie
0 Votes

RobDouglas_SCC_0-1606509414188.png

This is the error message he has gotten and I have as well.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hey @RobDouglas_SCC ,

I just sent an email to your account's primary email address. When you're able to, please reply to it and let me know if you were able to resolve the issue via Incognito / Private browsing. If not, please provide the email address of the contact in question so that our higher level technical team can troubleshoot further.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
SharonL2327
Rookie

PLEASE ADD THIS BACK!

We are a church now off site and people are asking for our emails again. We will be leaving if this is not fixed quickly

EileenM82
Rookie

You cannot add them to the contact list as a new contact. It comes back and says they are unsubscribed and you can't add them to any lists.  Ridiculous!!!!! Please fix this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KellyG05001
Rookie
0 Votes

Please bring back the resubscribe option. If a patron asks us to resubscribe them, we should be able to do that right away instead of walking them through the sign-up form.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST