Web Events - add to calendar feature

SOLVED
Go to solution
SandyM0671
Rookie
0 Votes

We are hosting several web events, and I complaint I am hearing is when people RSVP and click on "add to calendar", it adds the registration link and not the web event information.  Is there anyway to add that information as several people would like to have it in their calendar and not have to search for the confirmation e-mail when the time comes for the event itself. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SandyM0671 ,

This appears to be something the engineers are looking at as they continue to redevelop the event tool. I did get your case submitted to their queue with the service request attached, so that when they have an update they'll make sure to notify you.

In the meantime, you may wish to let your registrants know (done via the Registrants Only type event emails) what details they should manually add to their calendars. You can also turn off the Add to Calendar link altogether to make it so registrants don't continue to be confused by it providing the wrong link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SandyM0671 ,

This appears to be something the engineers are looking at as they continue to redevelop the event tool. I did get your case submitted to their queue with the service request attached, so that when they have an update they'll make sure to notify you.

In the meantime, you may wish to let your registrants know (done via the Registrants Only type event emails) what details they should manually add to their calendars. You can also turn off the Add to Calendar link altogether to make it so registrants don't continue to be confused by it providing the wrong link.

William A
Central_Indiana_RMA
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello!  Have this feature been implemented? I am still having the Add to Calendar link showing the event registration page rather than the virtual link.  

Thank you! 

NorthwoodLakeWatershedAssociation
Rookie
0 Votes

Having the same issue! 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @NorthwoodLakeWatershedAssociation ,

I've gone ahead and also gotten your case tracked. The engineers will notify you as soon as they have an update, or when the revamped event tool is rolled out.

William A
ACCAUSA
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello.  I've got this same issue.  Calendar items show up with the registration link and I can't figure out how to remove the Add to Calendar as it shows up in the registration auto email.  I visited the link you shared but all I see is about the Constant Contact calendar.  Can you assist?

GinnyH8
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. The add to calendar option is showing the address for our former in person events even though this is a virtual event. I tried to use the link to turn off the add to calendar option and it is out of date and I do not show the same options as the help article.

William_A
Administrator

Hello @GinnyH8 ,

Does editing the following steps alleviate the issue with the physical address showing up in invitations and calendar downloads?

1. go to edit the event's Basics
  2. change the event back to physical location
  3. remove all the address info from that physical location
  4. switch the event back to digital and save

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST