Weird Spacing

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Weird Spacing

Hello.

The email i sent out was fine, but when i shared the link using the Share URL function, a typo appeared. I went back to the campaign page to see if the typo was there before i sent it and it was not.

For example... the word "Allows" looked fine in the email that was sent. But when the URL was shared, the word was "A llows."

What would cause this to happen?

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Weird Spacing

Hi @CityOfTorrance 

I can understand how important it is for your email to display properly. What is the name of the campaign you're seeing this change in? As well as the web browser you're using? I have taken a look at the most recent campaign in your account and was unable to replicate the same experience. Every "allow" in your text did appear correctly without extra spacing in both the email campaign in Constant Contact and the web version as well.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I toyed with the fonts a little bit and was able to move the extra space in between words so it wasn't as noticeable. But I also noticed a few broken links in the email that were not broken when I previewed the campaign.

I make it a point to send myself the preview and check every link before sending the email out.

In our latest campaign (Thursday, January 30, 2020 - Wednesday, February 5, 2020) the links "www.TorranceCA.GOv/PLEDGE" were broken, but only after the campaign was sent out. They both worked in my preview email.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hey there @CityOfTorrance ,

I went through and tested every link in every iteration of the "Thursday, January 30, 2020 - Wednesday, February 5, 2020" email. Every single iteration of the PLEDGE link opened and properly redirected in each email client I used, and every browser I opened to.

Do the links stay broken  for you across multiple browsers and networks (e.g. home vs work vs mobile data)?

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Here is the link for the original email that was sent out to our email list : https://conta.cc/2OfwPJf 

We have opened it in multiple browsers and the PLEDGE links are broken, even across different networks. The different iterations were made because we noticed the issue and fixed it so we could add a link to our website.

When I previewed the email by sending it to myself, the links worked.

Here is the url once I click the PLEDGE link in my preview:  https://connect.fundly.com/site/torranceserves#/

Here is the url once the PLEDGE link is clicked on in the email that went out:   https://www.torranceca.gov/our-city/citywide-special-events/torrance-serves/pledge/-utm_source-Thurs...

No changes were made to the links from the time I previewed them to the time it went out to the email list.

Highlighted

Hi @CityOfTorrance 

Thank you for following up with these details! I have taken a look at your campaign and can replicate this same experience. I can also see you are working with our older Legacy Newsletter Campaigns with the Google Analytics setting turned on. We have seen cases where links in these campaigns connect to an error page if Google Analytics is turned on and not to the URL you've inserted.

I have taken a closer look and can see your URL does not have a .com or .php or .html at the end of it. In these cases adding a forward-slash at the end of the URL can make it work correctly. Does adding this forward-slash help? Another 
workaround you can try is testing your link to make sure it will work correctly with Google's URL builder. If the resulting link still comes out broken, we would suggest either disabling Google Analytics on your email or to talk with your web developer about modifying the back-end code of their site to accept these links.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Sometimes we type out the address if it is short enough. We usually don't have problems. And if there are problems, they come up in the preview.

So Google Analytics may be the reason the links worked fine in the preview and not in the actual email?

Going forward, we just want to make sure what we see and experience on the preview email is the same as what will be pushed out as the actual email. 

Highlighted

Hi @CityOfTorrance 

That is correct. I would suggest trying some of the workarounds suggested in my previous post. You can then test this in your next campaign by scheduling this campaign to a list with just you on it to check the link.

Frankie.P

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.

We appreciate the help.

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured