Welcome Email

FirstNameL38874
Participant

Welcome Email

I have a website form that people can use to sign up for a newsletter.  It works and I have different integrations set up and don't want to change to a different form.  One of the integrations is that when someone signs up to the form their email is added to our contacts list.  I would like to send out a welcome email when this happens.  I tried setting up a welcome email but it won't send when a new email is added to the list. 

Another forum post said that: "Although you can certainly use a sign up form created by other 3rd party developers to bring contacts from your website into your Constant Contact Account, the source of these contacts will display as coming from "Other App" rather than "Sign Up Form". In order for a welcome email to send to your contacts, they will have "Sign Up form" as their source.  If you plan on continuing to use a 3rd party sign up form, I'd recommend you look into email automation. This is a great alternative to using a welcome email, you can set up a trigger for contacts who have recently joined. More information on how to set up an automated series can be found here."

However, there when I try to add an email automation the only options I get are birthday, anniversary, or welcome emails.  And as stated, the welcome emails won't send.   I feel like this should be the simplest thing to setup up but I'm finding it impossible.  What is the solution here?

1 REPLY 1
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @FirstNameL38874,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! In order to have this feature so that contacts can sign up and receive an automated email immediately after, you will want to upgrade to Email Plus and then create an Automated Email using the steps listed here. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.