What Happened to the "Notes" category?

FrankR789

What Happened to the "Notes" category?

What happened to the notes category that was previously a tab next to "Engagement"?

16 REPLIES 16
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @FrankR789,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

The notes data you already had for your contacts is still attached to them in our back end system. With that said, the lack of use is one of predominant reasons our engineers haven't added it in the redesign. They are still tracking people's mentions of it, so I'll track the feature request we do have for your account. 

With that said, if you're wanting your notes available in the redesign beta, you'll want to export all your contacts and all information associated with them. Then you can re-import them into a generic, newly-made list they can all be dumped into that won't disrupt the other list memberships. You're only exporting and re-importing all these contacts to make sure their information gets updated accordingly without having to go list-by-list. On the screen for selecting contact fields, you can set the notes back as a custom field.

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hi Zoe,

Your solution is too complicated!  The reason I chose Constant Contact over Mail Chimp several years ago was the "notes" capability.  Please tell your engineers to put back the "notes" function because we use CC as a CRM and notes are necessary for lead follow-up.  Other users are missing a great opportunity for tracking lead progress without having to use a separate CRM. Thank you!

I agree AGREE AGREE with Frank. I justposted this same topic not knowing it was here. I am tremendously disappointed in CC. This new version is awful.

LoriC250
Frequent Participant

I agree. We liked having the notes feature. It's disruptive to take it away!

kcreel
Frequent Participant

I will add my agreement, and really regret putting any data there at this point. I will add it to the list of things that are underwhelming with the new CC. 

TriciaS51
Regular Participant

It's good to know that the info is still available and I will certainly be utilizing this method to retrieve.  What I'm EXTREMELY DISASPPOINTED WITH IS that to my recollection, no heads up announcement was provided to me to inform me of this prior to it occurring.  The notes feature was an extremely important attribute that I used almost daily to record client interactions.  Not really a good customer centric move on CC's part.  Seems to be getting harder and harder of a tool to work with.!

PeteW5

This suggested answer does not work due to the limitation on custom field size.

PeteW5

We used to use notes the same way.  The removal of notes was the most disappointing thing Constant Contact has done to limit your customers from being able to track customer contacts.

USCompostingCouncil
Regular Participant

Hi, 

We have lots of data stored in the NOTES Field from the last release and I just cannot find it in the new setup. Where is it?

Linda

Hello @USCompostingCouncil,

Don't worry, the Notes field is still stored on our backend system! You'll want to export all your contacts and all information associated with them. Then you can re-import them into a generic, newly-made list they can all be dumped into that won't disrupt the other list memberships. You're only exporting and re-importing all these contacts to make sure their information gets updated accordingly without having to go list-by-list. On the screen for selecting contact fields, you can set the notes back as a custom field so that you can continue to view them.

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
LoriC250
Frequent Participant

I agree with the others that it is insane that Constant Contact took our Notes feature away. We have been entering notes into contacts for a long time. We shouldn't be searching google to find out how to access information we put into a database. How hard is it to keep the notes? Why not make it optional? I don't get it but I feel betrayed.... seriously!

JenniferH15
Regular Participant

Agree with other upset customers! We use the notes fields for tracking and record-keeping. Very disappointed this feature was taken away. I immediately noticed it was gone but thought maybe i was just missing it somewhere... bring back notes!

This is ridiculous that you took this feature away ... did the engineers ask the customers what our needs are before they took it away?

LoriC250
Frequent Participant

Yes please. It doesn't seem fair to clients to take away a feature that has so much information stored in it. We should have to be searching google to find notes we entered into a DATABASE!

CynthiaD264
Regular Participant

Sorry Cynthia - I was trying to reply to Constant Contact re how ridiculous it is that they took the NOTES feature away. It's a very important feature and we need it back.

SteveH6204
Occasional Participant

HELP! Yes! We need our notes! Are they not an actual field? They are available to enter information when adding new contacts, but not available afterwards to edit a contact.