What parameters define "Least Engaged"

SOLVED
Go to solution
RobertF32
Campaign Collaborator

Hello,

We are looking for some more detailed information on what defines the "Least Engaged" list as we have 53k contacts in there that we would like to delete if we are comfortable with the label of "Least Engaged" being accurate. However, when we export the list to inspect the contacts, we found that every one of them is tagged in the same list (which is odd because that is not the only list that would be producing least engaged customers), and that contacts added as recently as the end of April are somehow being tagged as "Least Engaged" despite only being in our system for 2 weeks.

How is this possible? Could someone please help explain what defines "Least Engaged" and how we are expected to make use of this info if it is claiming that all contacts in a certain list are less engaged than others?

For context, the goal is to delete contacts that are older than 2019 and have no engaged with our emails since being added before 01/01/2019. Is there a better way to get at this information and remove these contacts from our database than the "Least Engaged" list?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nick_S
Administrator

Hi @RobertF32,

Sorry about that. I fixed the link in Amanda's post and I'll include it here as well.

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @RobertF32 , 

Great questions! Here is a guide that may be helpful in understanding how engagement works. In order to pull contacts with more specific criteria, such as a data range, I'd advise using our segmentation tool. You would want to segment by contact activity > any email > between (choose a date range). 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
RobertF32
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you for the response! The "Here is a guide" link is not working. Could you repost the page you were pointing us to for understanding engagement? 

Nick_S
Administrator

Hi @RobertF32,

Sorry about that. I fixed the link in Amanda's post and I'll include it here as well.

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

RobertF32
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply! We have segmented out the contacts we wish to delete but are struggling to figure out how to delete them from the database. Does anyone have tips on how to use the list created by the segmentation to actually delete the contacts within the segment from the database?

Thank you

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @RobertF32,

To delete the segment you have created, you will want to first add that segment to a list. Once it's in a list, you can then to go your Contacts Tab, check mark the box next to the list you created, and then select "Delete the list and contacts" to completely delete those email addresses out of the account. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
RobertF32
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Great, thank you!

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @RobertF32,

Of course, have a wonderful rest of your weekend! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

NDWBC
Rookie
0 Votes

Yes, I agree Robert, great questions. I would also like to know what "rarely open your emails or click the buttons and links" means. There is obviously a formula. Not sure I agree that those who rarely check are totally useless to market to, though I would like to increase my open rate. I also am skeptical that my most engaged are my most valuable since I can see they are my competitors, ha! 
Would love to learn more about how best to clean things up.

Thank you :smileyface:

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST