What size should I make a background image?

JenOTL
Regular Participant

What size should I make a background image?

Trying to use one of my own images as a background, however no matter how big i make it (currently at 2000x2000 pixels), the image 'repeats' itself on the background of the email when it gets to about half way across. This is leaving it looking disjointed and unprofessional... any advice?background issue.jpg

Top Answer
Amber_L
Employee

Hello @MatthieuC5,

Thank you for your feedback on this. The reason that the background is set to tile is because every one of your subscribers will view your email on a different sized monitor or device. If the image didn't tile, it would instead stretch to fit their screen, and wouldn't give you the desired effect. Our developers are looking into a solution for this and I'm more than happy to let them know that you would also like this feature. In the meantime, we have resources for backgrounds that will tile seamlessly or you can use one of the ones already built into our tool, to ensure that your email looks just the way you want it to. 

47 REPLIES 47
JustinB933
Occasional Participant

Please provide us with these dimensions. It is absolutely ridiculous that this isn't something readily available. Constant Contact obviously has images that work as a background. Why not just tell your customers what this is so that we can customize our emails?? If you cannot update your site to be more user-friendly and customizable, but may also be forced to remove our account. 

Hi @JustinB933. As noted in this thread, we cannot provide these dimensions as the background is responsive to the size of a contact's screen. You can upload an appropriately designed tiled image that fits the design of your email or use one of our provided background images.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
GariW8
Occasional Participant

Just provide more patterns please please please please.

Hi @GariW8,

Thank you for the feedback! We will let our developers know.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

That's all you've been able to say for years. We spend hundreds of dollars with CC every month but I am thinking we will switch to . I understand if you can't fix the tiling problem but then you need 50-100 background options that cover all company types, masculine to feminine, all holidays... It's insane that you don't have this implemented when every day for the last 3 years people have complained about it on multiple threads. 

DavidC830
Occasional Participant

Agreed! I cannot believe this thread began in 2017- is obviously a prevalent issue for us clients-and still has not been fixed!