Whatsapp Chat

SOLVED
Go to solution
AjeetV
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hello.

I want to get the option of "Whatsapp chat with my clients". How to add that option? Please share the procedure.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @AjeetV ,

Based on the example provided, it's a way of using the WhatsApp API in link form to function in a mobile device. Essentially, you'd just set up a bit of text, an image (such as in the example), or a button. From my understanding, the link to go directly to messaging you through WhatsApp should be: https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone= , then add your WA phone number with the country code after the = sign.

A basic example of a button link would have this kind of setup:

Capture.PNG

---

I've also found some sources that say you can find a way to "share" your profile through the following process: 

1. Open WhatsApp
  2. Menu > Settings > Account > Email & Contacts.
  3. Your account URL will be listed next to "WhatsApp Web."

---

Based on the example you provided, the first option would be what you're looking for. However I don't use WhatsApp, and I was having trouble finding any official support info on this directly from WhatsApp support, so you may need to experiment a bit to find what works best for your needs.

See also:

Text links

Image links

Button links

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AjeetV ,

We do not have any interfacing or integrations with WhatsApp at this time.

William A
AjeetV
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

How to add this option ?

William_A
Administrator

Hello @AjeetV ,

Based on the example provided, it's a way of using the WhatsApp API in link form to function in a mobile device. Essentially, you'd just set up a bit of text, an image (such as in the example), or a button. From my understanding, the link to go directly to messaging you through WhatsApp should be: https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone= , then add your WA phone number with the country code after the = sign.

A basic example of a button link would have this kind of setup:

Capture.PNG

---

I've also found some sources that say you can find a way to "share" your profile through the following process: 

1. Open WhatsApp
  2. Menu > Settings > Account > Email & Contacts.
  3. Your account URL will be listed next to "WhatsApp Web."

---

Based on the example you provided, the first option would be what you're looking for. However I don't use WhatsApp, and I was having trouble finding any official support info on this directly from WhatsApp support, so you may need to experiment a bit to find what works best for your needs.

See also:

Text links

Image links

Button links

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST