When will Constant Contact provide translation for e-newsletters?

SOLVED
Go to solution
NateD2
Marketing Expert

Hello,

I love Constant Contact and have used it for many years, but the one feature missing in Constant Contact e-newsletters is translation to languages other than English. When will this be added? School districts across the country are moving to  , which provide translation to people who receive the e-newsletter. When will Constant Contact provide translation? I don't want to have to switch to .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hey everyone, 

Since it seems there's increasing interest in the development of this system, I'm going to sticky this comment as an "Accepted Solution" for the sake of visibility.

Our engineers are always interested in ways they can improve our systems, especially for the sake of organizations like schools that work with an array of diverse needs. I've made sure to track everyone that's left feedback and interest in this thread, that way you'll be directly notified if and when such a tool is developed.

Since we have a feature request currently tagged to one of our feedback posts, I'd suggest going over there to vote on it and increase visibility for our devs. If you have any additional feedback or ideas for an auto-translate tool, make sure to post in the feedback thread so Caitlin and Frankie can make sure they get added to our dev reports.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
William_A
Administrator

Hello @NateD2 ,

Generally for customers needing multiple languages available in the same email, they copy the email and edit the language to fit the list they sending to. You can also use Dynamic Content to make it so our system can change what a contact sees, based on specific criteria (i.e. tagged as Spanish, French, etc. for language custom field). Otherwise some browsers offer automatic translation with the right extensions / settings.

Can you please elaborate on how you'd like such a system to work? How would you like our system to handle contacts based on their language preferences, besides giving you the ability to copy and send to separate lists, or have dynamic content based on tagging?

William A
NateD2
Marketing Expert

Hello,

We would like Constant Contact e-newsletters to have a translate button or link so that people who receive our e-newsletters could click and translate to whatever language they speak. Google Translate should be able to make that possible, right? I love Constant Contact and have used it for years, but the lack of a translation feature is a problem. I work for a school district where parents speak nearly 50 languages other than English. Without translation in our e-newsletters, they are missing important information. Many of my colleagues in other school districts nationwide have switched to , which have a translation feature. What would it take for Constant Contact to have a translation button/link that subscribers could click and choose the language they want?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

With enough interest in such an automated system, our devs can look into how it might work within our system, and within a mobile-compatible email. I already got your account assigned to them with the request attached. If and when they have an update to this feature request, they'll notify you @NateD2 . However, there isn't a hard ETA on the development yet, since it's still in the information gathering stage.

William A
RonaldK4
Rookie

You should take a look at , they have a "button" that users can click to translate and many schools are going to for this reason. They use Google Translate so it's not like they are actually providing translation they just make it easy for people to click on one of 100+ languages. I know your market is more small business than education but I can tell you your customer service is much better and it would be a way for you to gain market share. 

NateD2
Marketing Expert

I love Constant Contact's customer support, and I'm hopeful that the addition of a translate button will be the latest example of responsive customer service. School PR professionals across the country tweet about how much they like  but it would be a shame to have to switch e-newsletter providers just to get translation. 

CHSD94
Campaign Collaborator

I also work for a school district and have been using Constant Contact for years for my eNewsletter. I am in the same situation. Our non-English speaking parents learn very quickly they can translate our website to a language they understand, but not our weekly eNewsletters and Board of Education news. I simply can't translate those electronic publications into multiple languages. Please look into a translate button so we aren't forced to leave a significant population in the dark or are forced to change vendors we are otherwise happy with.

Thank you for considering my request.

MaryL222
Rookie

Please, please, please add translation capabilities....or we will likely need to find a new product for our school district.

William_A
Administrator

Hey everyone, 

Since it seems there's increasing interest in the development of this system, I'm going to sticky this comment as an "Accepted Solution" for the sake of visibility.

Our engineers are always interested in ways they can improve our systems, especially for the sake of organizations like schools that work with an array of diverse needs. I've made sure to track everyone that's left feedback and interest in this thread, that way you'll be directly notified if and when such a tool is developed.

Since we have a feature request currently tagged to one of our feedback posts, I'd suggest going over there to vote on it and increase visibility for our devs. If you have any additional feedback or ideas for an auto-translate tool, make sure to post in the feedback thread so Caitlin and Frankie can make sure they get added to our dev reports.

William A
TravisK91
Rookie
0 Votes

Would be much added value and very appreciated if this was an added feature. 

DawnG3964
Rookie

THIS!  Please add a translation feature so our student's parents can read our newsletters!

KeeganK5
Rookie

I agree that a translate feature would be an amazing addition! When sending longer newsletters we have to outsource the work if our in-house teachers can't handle the workload. Even then, there are always formatting issues when adding Arabic text into Constant Contact. It isn't at all user friendly. An auto-translate feature would be a time saver and something that would benefit many customers.

DawnG3964
Rookie
0 Votes

It would nice to be able to offer an option for non-English speakers to have an option to read the newsletter in their native language. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST