Where is the option to 'view in browser' in an email now?

SOLVED
Go to solution
KathyG622
Constant Contact Partner

I'm converting an old customer over to a new template and I've noticed that the option that said 'having trouble viewing this email? Click here to view in a browser' is missing. Did I miss something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Frankie_P

Hi @B2F 

The good news our engineers have added this feature back in our email campaigns! You can insert a "View as Webpage" link in your email.

3ge-text-toolbar-insert-dropdown-menu-view-as-webpage-step1.png

3ge-insert-view-as-webpage-link-overlay-insert-button-step23.png

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @FB-user

We see you have requested an update on this through email as well. We have followed up with you through there! Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Taryn_L
Employee
0 Votes

@GaryB858

Thank you for your reply to the Community! In our 3GE editor, we no longer have access to the HTML code or style sheet because the templates are hard coded. I will certainly submit your feedback to our developers on adding this feature back to our new templates.

The option to View As Webpage should show your whole email when clicked on, not just sections. Thank you!

Taryn Leinweber

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
AITPChicago
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

Agree.  Removing the web view option for the entire email was another bad decision.  CC must have stopped doing user tests before removing features.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AITPChicago ,

You can still preview emails for both desktop and mobile formatting. You can still insert View As Webpage links. VaW links don't go live until the email campaign has been sent out, since they use the share link / permanent url.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST