Why are slashes showing up before apostrophes in my e-mails?

SOLVED
Go to solution
aprilb78
Rookie
0 Votes

In the greeting in our e-mails, the apostrophe is being changed to a /' when it arrives in the inbox. 

It looks OK when I'm editing it in Constant Contact but for example, if I put "Is your horse's elbow swollen?" it comes through as "Is your horse/'s elbow swollen?"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @aprilb78 ,

It looks like you're encountering an issue with the older 3ge email builder's greeting tag tool. To get around it, I'd recommend just using regular text to type our the preamble with the apostrophe, then use an insert contact detail with the first name selected. Or you can build your emails in the newer cross-device / platform editor, which doesn't experience this issue with its greeting tag functionality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @aprilb78 ,

It looks like you're encountering an issue with the older 3ge email builder's greeting tag tool. To get around it, I'd recommend just using regular text to type our the preamble with the apostrophe, then use an insert contact detail with the first name selected. Or you can build your emails in the newer cross-device / platform editor, which doesn't experience this issue with its greeting tag functionality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST