The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Why aren't all my emails sent

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Why aren't all my emails sent

I have been doing a newsletter campaign and we send to everyone in our database within Constant Contact. I apparently have 12000 contacts due to our last upload and 2000 of those are "unsubscribed.". However, on Friday we sent the campaign to everyone and when I look at the reporting it shows it only went to 5022 people. However the active emails I have show that there are 10000 people with active emails. Can someone explain how the system is not sending to the other 5000 active emails and why I get charged the increased rate for over 10K if you are failing to send to them when I prompt you to. Epecially since the last few campaigns this has happened and I'm wondering if I need to look at another system to send my emails so they all get them. Please advise. I have been a customer for over 10 years. Very concerned and upset. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Why aren't all my emails sent

Hi @MeliaH,

Thank you for bringing your concerns to the Community. I reviewed your account and I found that the missing contacts were just not on any lists. Any contact with an email address is considered Active, but it is possible for them not to be on lists. It's hard to say when this happened and the exact reason. For example, lists these contacts were on previously may have been deleted and some of the contacts were not on any other lists so they fell into this limbo state, so to speak. 

You will see a new list under Contacts called "Unlisted Contacts." These are the contacts I found. Please let me know if you have any additional questions and I will be happy to assist.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured