Why did my subject line populate weird characters instead of an apostrophe and a dash?

Highlighted

Why did my subject line populate weird characters instead of an apostrophe and a dash?

My subject line was supposed to be: See what’s new – VR, device storage and more!

and it came out as: See what’s new – VR, device storage and more!

Any idea why this happened?

Is it because there were extra spaces? 

Thanks,

Lyndsey

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Why did my subject line populate weird characters instead of an apostrophe and a dash?

Hello @BarbaraF096,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your subject line displaying strange characters. I took a look at your most recent test and wasn't able to recreate this issue. Can you please send us an email at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com referencing this post, with the following information so that we can look into this further for you:

-The name of the campaign to be sure we're looking at the right one

-The email client you're viewing this in (Outlook, Gmail, etc)

- A screenshot of how it's displaying for you

We look forward to hearing back from you soon! 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured