The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Why does a certain hyper link revert?

Highlighted

Why does a certain hyper link revert?

I use specific hyper links to items on our organziation's website, but when I receive the click report, the link is shown as our generic home page. Would there be any reason that the specific link wouldn't show? Our website is huge, and if the reader isn't linked to the specific location, they will have difficulty finding it. I've been meaning to ask this for a while; it's not a new thing happening. Thanks for any insight.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Why does a certain hyper link revert?

Hi @SamanthaY21 

I apologize this is happening with the link in your email! I have taken a look at your account and can see you are still working in our older legacy newsletter. Is this an email campaign that is copied and reused often? Do you insert your information into new blocks, or replace the already existing info from your previous copy? This is important details to have as we have seen cases where reusing a template too often in this version of our editor can carry over unwanted coding.

Because of this we would be happy to troubleshoot your experience further. Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post, the campaign name, where this link is located in your email, the link you originally entered, the link contacts are being directed to.  In the meantime suggest taking adding information into brand new blocks, or even moving over to our newest Third Generation Editor.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured