The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Why is your site too slow/unworkable at night lately?

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Why is your site too slow/unworkable at night lately?

Trying to lay out our media but it won't save. Tried in two browsers. Third time this has happened. Tonight in one browser I got a weird error message and the email opened entirely blank! Tried starting over in a new browser, saved one section but next one just timed. out.  I have about 20 sections - this is impossible!  How do I get someone to speed up service so I can get a critical newsletter done on COVID locally without waiting until Monday? 

Tags (3)
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Why is your site too slow/unworkable at night lately?

Hello @MiriamR,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I do apologize that your email is not saving. Have you tried re-creating your email in a new template to see if that error message stops appearing? 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

I tried that several times and it didn't work; finally I got up early the next morning and it did work though site was still very slow.  Third week in a row with same problems. Constant Contact needs to get its act together and fix this. The problem is not my template, it is at their end clearly.  If they don't resolve it soon I will change services.  Reliability is a must since we send emergency alerts and that can't wait days.  Whatever happened to service on weekends and in the early evenings?  Beyond disappointed in this company. 

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @MiriamR,

Thank you for the information! We don't have any more reports of this happening so it sounds like it could be your internet connection. I do recommend contacting your internet service provider for more information if this happens again. I would also try in incognito mode to determine if this is a plugin issue instead of an internet connection issue. We do have phone support available on Saturdays and social media support on Sundays! Thank you and have a wonderful day. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Consulting & Training

This is happening to us all of the time as well.  It's not our internet connection, it is Constant Contact's fault.

Highlighted

Hello @Michael_Weidokal ,

We're sorry to hear you've been running into connectivity issues. At the time we're not getting any internal reports today about site issues. Would you be able to perform some of the following troubleshooting steps and let us know the results of those?

• What browser are you using? Does using a different browser mitigate the issue?

• Are you using a wireless or wired network? Does changing networks let you through?

• Are there any browser plugins or addons you can disable? Does doing so resolve the issue?

• Does clearing your cache (not the saved passwords, just the cached images and files) alleviate the issue?

• Are there any updates pending for your browser? If so, does updating it let you through?

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Consulting & Training

Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions:

- This problem occurs on each browser I use (Safari, Chrome and Firefox)

- This problem occurs no matter which network I am connected to.  We have very fast connections as well.

- I have tried that, but to no avail.

- No, I have tried that as well.

- No, they are all up-to-date

Best regards,

Michael

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Re: Why is your site too slow/unworkable on Sunday

I see the conversations about slow service at weekends.

It is true - I am working in the UK and I will have to switch to another supplier as I can't work on a Sunday - in preparation  for Monday.  I thought it was just me but clearly, it is not.

I have tried clearing the cache Safari, Firefox and Google.  On Sundays it is useless.  The rest of the week is fine.

You are doing something, please admit it nd tell us what we or you can do a fix it

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Re: Why is your site too slow/unworkable on Sunday

I am beyond frustrated.  Again this weekend I needed to send emergency alerts and finally got them out but what should have taken a couple of minutes took over a half hour Every "save" on a section took several minutes.  Constant Contact's only answer seems to be telling me to call them during the week when I am not available due to my work schedule and caregiving for my mom whose home lacks Internet access.

The service is the worst in the world and as soon as I can get time I will be moving to a new service unless they restore weekend customer service and evening customer service. Right now there is basically NO customer service that is helping me.

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

No I am not going to recreate a template we've used for years that has dozens of special sections each with links. If I have to waste time creating a new template, it wlil be with a different company.  Also this happens in BOTH templates that I used.

What will it take for Constant Contact to accept responsibility for causing these problems and fix them instead of blaming your customer?  Right now I give your company the lowest possible rating, an F, for customer service and convenience.  I would not recommend you to my worst enemy We need reliable service now more than ever as we try to distribute news during a pandemic where our region is under stay-home orders. We are essential workers as media and our service is needed. Wildfire season is here, and I have zero confidence that i can get wildfire alerts out in time to save lives. Please escalate my complaint to the top tier tech support.  

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured