Width of email

SOLVED
Highlighted
Marketing Advisor

Re: Image Width

Hello there, 

Sorry for the confusion.  You can get your image ready to upload to your Library by making sure it has the right height and width, resolution, file size, and file type. This protects the image's quality and prevents errors during the upload process.

If you are using the 2GE editor then it is possible that putting in an image larger than it’s designed dimensions could stretch the email. Stretching the email will make it wider than the designed dimensions and could cause display issues.  If you recently put in an image and your email is suddenly wider than what you began with, resize the image smaller and the email should go back to the proper size.  

If you are using our 3GE editor then you will not run into the problem of stretching but I do recommend getting your images ready for upload by following these steps.

I hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Sorry for the confusion, no help at all., and has nothing to do with image sizes. I believe you are being asked, and I am asking how to widen the template. I don't know how is a perfectly good answer so I can find some other source of information. So do you know how to expand the width of the template? 

Highlighted

Hello @DanA85 ,

We apologize this thread didn't give you the answer you were looking for. We can see you also asked a similar question elsewhere in the Community. We have responded to that post with further information.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted

I'm having issues with images.

I am trying to upload images with the criteria provided by CC, but I am unable to upload the images.  I am using a JPEG format with pictures that are far under 800 pixel width.  Please help!  Thanks!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Alicia,

Do you receive an error message when you try to upload the image? If so, it could be encoding problem. To remove encoding, you can take the image to www.picnik.com and upload the image. Save it as a jpeg and give it a new name. Once saved, try uploading the image to Constant Contact.

Let me know if that works,

Jarrad
Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Alicia, The problem stems from the file you are trying to upload. The file you attached to this post exceeds the 800 pixel width max of the image library. Try with a smaller image (diameter wise). Regards, Tony
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Try renaming it to something shorter as well. The system should re-size a large image but try those two things and test.
Highlighted

Blank template and block that extends across almost the width of the email

Is there either of options available in constant contact?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Blank template and block that extends across almost the width of the email

Hi Ian,

Absolutely! We have both of those!  First you can delete any extra block and just keep one block in your template.  Then you can drag the block so that it fills the entire width.  But why mess around with that when you can find templates that already fit the width!

full width template.png

Click the Email Marketing tab in the product > then click on Create > When you get to the Template Selector, click the layout for the full width.

Then you'll have a full array of templates to choose from that fit your critieria!

I hope that helps!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Width of email

Hi Scott,

The images you are using in your email are being compressed and that is causing them to not be readable.  Your images should be no wider than 600px wide. You can resize images at Picnik for free.  If after you resize and re-upload into your account, they still appear blurry and pixelated, you may want to host them on a free third-party site like Photobucket or Flickr.  Then you can insert the image by image URL instead of inserting from your MyLibrary with us.

To insert an image using an Image URL:

Copy the URL given to you from the third-party site

Go into the email that you're working on.

Click to edit the block where you want the image to appear

Right click (ctrl+click if on a Mac) on the image

Choose Change

In the popup, click on "Enter Image URL" and paste in the URL you copied.

You can then click on Preview to view the image in the bottom part of the popup.

Then click Insert Image to insert it into your email.

Adding an Image to an Email

If you have any questions, let us know!

Thanks!

Product Updates: July 2020

Alongside introducing our new branding (check out that fresh new logo!), our teams were busy bringing you new updates to your Constant Contact account. Read on to find out what was new in your Constant Contact account during the month of July

Read More
Featured