Width of email

SOLVED
Highlighted

Re: New Image Selector Issues

I have been using CC for about two years and every time there is an upgrade/improvement it doesn't work well. In the future it would be helpful to get an e-mail announcing the changes and explaining the new process.

This new Image Selector is SLOW and it cuts into my time. I send twice weekly e-mail blasts that use to take me about 2 to 3 hours and it now takes me more than 4 hrs. Befor when inserting an image a separate window would open and upload my images, while this was going on I could still work in my "block" and edit it. Now I have to seat and stare at a screen that is painfully slow while it uploads my 400+ images and then I have to wait forever if the image I want is in a different folder.

When will this be resolved? Can I use the old version?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi,

We hope to have the issue with loading images resolved soon. I don't have a specific time frame but it is in the works. We're creating an option for viewing images that will cut down on load times.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Advisor

I would like to add that the IMAGE DESCRIPTION on the new Image Selector screen does not retain the description that i enter. I believe i may have cut and pasted the image from one portion of an email letter to a new portion.  However, using the image selector and typing in a new description does not work. An old description is used.

I had to use the CODE VIEW feature and change the image description before it would save.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Absolutely NOT thrilled with the new image selector. I used to be able to create a graphic, save it to my desktop, and import it to my library to use in an email. Now, I don't even know how to do that! When did this change, and where were we told? I love it when something ain't broke, everyone's in a big hurry to "fix it!" '

Anyone out there have any advice? I have been at this for 45 minutes. If it's going to be like this, changing things with no alert, I'm looking for a new product!!!. :smileymad:

Highlighted
Advisor

Following up on my earlier post, the image selector is using some very old description of an image that i have in my 5-image "library" instead of using the description that i type in.  I just now added 3 new images that i had FTP'd to a website and the images display fine but the description that i enter is NOT used and a very old description is somehow picked up and used instead.

Its the ALT="Wrong description here" tag.

I have to use CODE VIEW to make the changes stick.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for letting us know that you were affected by this.  We are having some people report this as an issue.  While our Engineers are working to resolve this trouble, the workaround is as you are doing with going into the Code View to edit the description there. We will keep you posted as to when this is resolved.

Thank you and I apologize for the inconvenience that this causes you.

Highlighted

New Image Interface

Does anyone else find the new image interface as difficult to use and user unfriendy as I do?

Highlighted

Re: New Image Interface

The new image interface is HORRIBLE!!! It's bad enough using this VERY CUMBERSOME site but the image situation just takes it to an all new level. I have to run closed deals blasts and this new image interface SERIOUSLY impacts the time it takes me to do it now.

When will all of the issues be resolved?!?!?!?

Highlighted
Visitor

How to get my email to be wider

I have a high resolution image that I would like to appear larger in the email and in order to do this I am assuming that I need the actual email to be larger. I saw an archived post saying something about an Advanced Features tool but I cannot find this and the post was from two years ago. Any help?

Highlighted
Employee

Re: How to get my email to be wider

Hello @KayteM , 

In order to increase the width of an email you would need to edit the Style Sheet of the email. You will want to search in the Style Sheet (you can use Ctrl + F or Command + F on a Mac) TemplateWidth.  For most of our templates the width is set to 600 pixels wide. You can change the 600 to a larger number.  The limit is 800 pixels wide.  We recommend leaving emails at the 600 pixels wide, so that it does not create a scroll to the left and right for the email.  Increasing the width of your email will also make it harder to view on a mobile device.  

What you might also want to think about trying is adding the image and asking your audience to click the image to view it larger.  You can make your image a clickable link to itself.  To get the image URL for your image in your Constant Contact library you can go to the Library tab and click on the name of your image.  Below the preview of your image, the image URL will appear.  You will then use this as the link for the image.  When the email is received and someone clicks on the image, they will be taken to a page showing the full image at the width that it was uploaded into the library with.  

Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured