Will Constant Contact automatically dedupe when sending an email?

SOLVED
Go to solution
VickiB534
Rookie
0 Votes

I want to send my email to more than one email list. There may be common contacts in the lists. Does Constant Contact automatically dedupe the list (and any that have unsubscribed) prior to sending?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Lucas_D
Employee

Hi @VickiB534,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. Our system will automatically dedupe the lists if the same contacts are spread over multiple lists. Also, any contact that unsubscribes will automatically be removed from all lists and will be placed within the Unsubscribed status. They will not be able to receive any more mailings until they resubscribe. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Lucas_D
Employee

Hi @VickiB534,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. Our system will automatically dedupe the lists if the same contacts are spread over multiple lists. Also, any contact that unsubscribes will automatically be removed from all lists and will be placed within the Unsubscribed status. They will not be able to receive any more mailings until they resubscribe. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
VickiB534
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you so much.

Tiago_R
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @VickiB534,

You are very welcome. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with today. 

Tiago_R

SharonF743
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi there - I used an app to import contacts in and now (due to an error with the app) there are multiples of the same contact in a single list. I thought Constant Contact would automatically dedupe this but I have heard from our contacts that they are getting four of the same email. Do I need to manually remove each duplicate? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SharonF743 ,

Taking a look at your contacts we couldn't find any dupes in any of your lists or in the active contacts. We did find a lot of contacts that were very similar, but did have at least some kind difference (i.e. a missing letter or missing period). The incorrectly spelled email is the most likely to bounce, which might make it easier if you send out an email to a list that includes one of these incorrect email addresses. Otherwise you'll want to go through your contacts and manually remove them.

If you have some examples of customers who claim they've received duplicate emails, feel free to send them as a direct reply to the automatic email you'll receive from us mentioning your @, that way we can do some more investigating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
CherylS865
Marketing Expert
0 Votes

I am seeing duplicate email addresses in my account. I thought the system automatically deduped?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @CherylS865 ,

If you are seeing dupes in your contacts, please respond to the @ mention email or call our general support with examples. Make sure to provide their email addresses, as that's what denotes a unique contact.

William A
SPBCBA
Rookie
0 Votes

We have a member that is part of two lists. I thought that if I selected both lists, people on both would only get the email once. But she emailed me and said she got the email twice. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SPBCBA ,

If the contact did somehow receive a duplicate of the email, please call Deliverability and provide the contact's info and the name of the email so they can troubleshoot further. Additionally, please confirm with the contact that they don't have any other unique email addresses in your contacts / on the lists, including ones that might be setup to auto-forward the emails to their main one.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST