We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Will unsubcribed addresses repopulate when syncing with DonorPerfect?

JFSHartford
Participant

Will unsubcribed addresses repopulate when syncing with DonorPerfect?

We're syncing our DonorPerfect with Constant Contact and I was wondering whether when we do, if people have unsubscribed in the past through Constant Contact, would they not be re-added to the list?

If not, is there a list of all the people who unsubscribed in the past so we can scrub the list manually?

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @JFSHartford ,

Due to the Compliance and legal aspects of unsubscribing, any contacts that unsubscribe from you through us will remain unsubscribed for you in our system, unless they explicitly go through the resubscription process. Regardless of source, if a contact is currently flagged as unsubbed from you, our system will sort them back into unsubscribed. This would include automated integration syncs, such as through DonorPerfect.

We always maintain your unsubscriptions in the Contacts tab. For your account, you can find this by going to Contacts navigation tab > Contacts sub-tab > All Contacts > Unsubscribed. You can export them as a CSV file, delete them from your dashboard, etc. 

Since unsubscribed contacts don't count towards your active, billable contact total, it's generally unnecessary to delete them. That said, even if the contacts are deleted from your dashboard we still maintain them on the backend. If you end up wanting to retrieve those deleted unsubscriptions at a later time, just let us know through one of the support channels, and we can send the full CSV file to your account's main email address.

For the full process of exporting your unsubscribed contacts, these instructions detail it best. Just make sure you set All Contacts to be just Unsubscribed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.