WordPress displaying previous newsletters

ChipC71
Occasional Participant

WordPress displaying previous newsletters

We are using the code snippet in our WordPress site to display past email newsletters.

Is there a way to order the links that show via the code snippet so the most recent (April 2021) is at top and they descend to older/older/older?
Right now they're a bit random (Aug 2020, April 2021,  Nov 2020, Dec 2020, Feb 2021).

Can we label them with the month + year + Newsletter (e.g., April 2021 Newsletter) so they're distinguishable?
5 REPLIES 5
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @ChipC71,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but you will need to contact WordPress to see if something like this is possible. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ChipC71
Occasional Participant

Hi!

We're using the code snippet per Constant Contact KB article:
https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/8759-add-the-email-archive-widget-t...

...how is Constant Contact ordering the newsletters?  It's not alpha nor by date descending.

Hello @ChipC71,

Your emails should be ordered by the sent date on your website. You can also Style the Widget with CSS here. Any other edits would have to be done through WordPress. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ChipC71
Occasional Participant

That's what's odd, the snippet links when clicked from top to bottom go in the created date order of:
Aug 2020

April 2021

Nov 2020

Dec 2020

Feb 2020

Hello @ChipC71,

I did some more research on this and found that the order is when the emails were first archived. If you archive a few emails within a few seconds of each other, whichever one finishes archiving first will be at the bottom. You will want to archive emails one at a time, making sure the action completes before moving on so that they are archived in the right order. Un-archiving and re-archiving will not change the order. If the emails are already in the wrong order, you can make a sent copy of each affected email, and archive one at a time in the desired order.

Zoe H.