WordPress plugin does not add usr to new list if they already exists in the database

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

WordPress plugin does not add usr to new list if they already exists in the database

I am using the standard Constant Contact WordPress Plugin on my website for multiple products. Ever time a user provides their email I add them to a different list so that a new automated email series could be triggered. 

The problem is once a user exists in the database the plugin does not add it to the new list....

I can't find any settings that will fix this issue, I assume this is a (very frustrating) limitation from Constant Contact?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: WordPress plugin does not add usr to new list if they already exists in the database

Hi @PaulaW79 

I apologize you're having this experience with your contacts! Are you seeing any other contact details not update besides their contact list? Are they custom fields or default fields (First Name, Last Name, Address, etc.)? We have seen cases where not all of the existing contacts information update through the WordPress plugin. At this time our engineering team is diligently investigating this issue and working towards a resolution. Currently we do not have an estimate time as to when this will be corrected. With that said, if you can please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the URL this form can be found on, examples of contacts who've had this experience, your username, and a reference of this post we would be happy to track this information in your account. In the meantime, we have added you to our queue to be notified once a resolution has been met.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: WordPress plugin does not add usr to new list if they already exists in the database

Hi @PaulaW79 

I apologize you're having this experience with your contacts! Are you seeing any other contact details not update besides their contact list? Are they custom fields or default fields (First Name, Last Name, Address, etc.)? We have seen cases where not all of the existing contacts information update through the WordPress plugin. At this time our engineering team is diligently investigating this issue and working towards a resolution. Currently we do not have an estimate time as to when this will be corrected. With that said, if you can please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the URL this form can be found on, examples of contacts who've had this experience, your username, and a reference of this post we would be happy to track this information in your account. In the meantime, we have added you to our queue to be notified once a resolution has been met.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured