Workaround for servers that have blocked all Constant Contact emails?

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

Has anyone out there encountered a way around servers which have blocked all emails from the Constant Contact service in general?

We have self-authenticated our CC account and everything however we have about 100 users who have emails at a specific domain (one company) who has been so bombarded with CC emails in general that they have outright instructed their IT people to block every single email that comes via the CC service.

I have been in touch with the IT dept and regional managers, and they say they have no problem with OUR emails, however due to the constant SPAM-ming from other users, their CEO asked them to block all CC emails. They have told me that if I can provide them with a static sender's IP, they can create an exception to allow our messages however this is not a service that CC provides.

If anyone has encountered this and has any suggestions, please let me know.  Otherwise it may cause us to switch to another provider who does offer this service. 

Thanks in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Marisa_M ,

There wouldn't be a static IP that's dedicated to just your emails that you send through us. The "ideal" solution to this would be for that organization to unblock emails sent through our system, and only block the From addresses that send them the spam when it does occur - and also forward those to abuse(at)constantcontact(dot)com so our Compliance team can address the offending accounts. 

Beyond asking that organization to safelist our domains, you're welcome to reach out to our Delivery team to see if they can offer any further insight on your situation. Otherwise, there's not much else to be done by you or us in this situation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Marisa_M
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thanks but that's not going to happen.  This is a very large real estate firm with thousands of agents all over our state, and apparently they have all been SPAMMED into oblivion, assumably by other real estate agents. (No comment on that)  

Their CEO is the one who personally was so frustrated with the amount of SPAM clouding his inbox, he directed his IT team to block CC from all their servers. 

At this point, if we are to continue using CC, we would have to reach out to each person and request an alternate email address (i.e. gmail) for our communication. 

FirstNameL49483
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I don't have a solution, but I have the same problem. We work in real estate (multifamily housing development), and a lot of our contacts work for government or large financial institutions. I'm hearing increasing feedback that all emails through Constant Contact are blocked, because it's the simplest solution for their organizations.

We're also authenticating our domain, and we're asking contacts to provide alternate email addresses. Is there by chance anything that Constant Contact is doing to try and address this issue? If I could at least share that with the team, it'd alleviate some of their concerns about this tool. 

William_A
Administrator

We can work with larger email program organizations like Microsoft, Google, etc. to an extent for the sake of delivery. However, we can't really go hunting down individual organizations that have decided they'd rather shut out all of our IPs, than simply block the specific addresses that may have sent them spam in the past - especially when those same addresses can just use other ESPs to spam them anyway, and probably have.

You're welcome to reach out to our Delivery team to see if they can offer any further insight on your situation. Otherwise, there's not much else to be done in this situation. 

William A
Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

Hi William_A,

Where do I forward emails sent by a CTCT user that are SPAM?  I would like to report someone who used the "Test Message" function to spam me when I never opted-in to their list and I cannot remove myself becuase of how they sent it. 

William_A
Administrator

Hello @Marisa_M ,

You can always forward spam emails to abuse(at)constantcontact(dot)com . Additionally, I'd also recommend reporting spam on that email, and blocking the sending address.

William A
Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

Thank you, I will be forwarding this email. Typically I unsubscribe from them but this one did not have that option. When I use the Outlook function to "block sender" that doesn't always workm,  and anywy I would hate for it to be a strike against ALL CTCT emails as then (in theory) it might affect our sends later on since CTCT sends out from the same servers for all accounts.

Thanks for your help.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST