Workaround or solutions for contacts with multiple email addresses

Participant

Workaround or solutions for contacts with multiple email addresses

I am sorry if I am asking stuff that is already asked before and if I don't explain this properly. I recently started at a company and I was tasked with solving software problems but I have no experience with Constant Contact or email marketing.

My issue is that some of the contacts have multiple email addresses and belong to multiple tags (say a teacher and a volunteer tag). But they get a separate school email address and an email address with the volunteer group. Sometimes we will email volunteers, sometimes just teachers, and sometimes both. In those instances of both, any people who have two email addresses will get emailed twice since they are unique email addresses. Is there a way to save multiple email addresses or assign ones to go in order (if address A shows up, don't email B & C. If B shows up, don't email C)? Or somehow link contacts to each other? I am looking for some may to manage these weird instances to eliminate email spamming people with the same information more than once.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hi @TimL518 

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

That's a great question. I can certainly understand how being able to update your contacts in this manner will make sending your contacts easier. Unfortunately, the particular feature you are mentioning isn't currently available. You may be able to utilize Segments to narrow down your lists to only send to the contacts needed in that campaign, the process would be more manual. 

Please feel free to reach out should you have further questions. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day. 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!