We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Wrong Image Sent

LoriP74
Real Estate

Wrong Image Sent

I sent out an email campaign this morning and it appears one of the photos we intended to include in the email changed, sending out the wrong image to our database of 50K+. Here is what I designed:

2021-04-27 13_21_17-RCLCO's Data Visualization Toolkit for the Real Estate Industry - Message (HTML).png

2021-04-27 13_21_42-RCLCO's Data Visualization Toolkit for the Real Estate Industry - Message (HTML).png

Here is what was sent:

2021-04-27 13_22_39-Advisory - dkagan@rclco.com - Outlook.png

2021-04-27 13_23_00-Advisory - dkagan@rclco.com - Outlook.png

Questions:

• How did this happen and how can I prevent it from happening in the future?
  • Is there any way to recall the email from those who have not yet opened it?
  • Is there a way to change the image so that the correct image shows when the email auto-resends?

Please let me know, as this is a major issue that needs to be resolved ASAP. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hello @LoriP74. We're sorry to hear that this happened. In order to assist you further, we need some additional information. Please email the following information to communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com:

1. Did you send a test to yourself with the correct image showing? If so, please provide the time the test was sent (this can be found by viewing the test email itself) and a screenshot of the test email if possible
2. Was this email a copied version of a previous email?

3. When did you make changes to the draft?

To answer your other questions, emails cannot be recalled once they are sent and they cannot be edited once they are in a sent status.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

1. I sent a proof email to myself at 9:14 AM (PDT) on Tuesday, April 27th. You can see a screenshot of that proof in my initial post, labeled as "What I Designed"
  2. This email was a copied version of a previous email - it's my understanding that this is the only way we can create templates from our emails so let me know if I am mistaken or misinformed
  3. Final changes were made to the draft and it was sent out at 12:15 PM (PDT)
LoriP74
Real Estate

Hello - another interesting wrinkle. When I go to copy the email in question, the correct image shows up for me:

2021-04-30 17_09_16-Window.png

Can someone please get back to me ASAP about the best way to resolve this issue? At this point, I cannot trust that your platform will send out the correct image. 

Hello @LoriP74,

Thank you for that information! I went ahead and escalated this up to my advanced technical team. They will reach out to you with some troubleshooting steps as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your patience! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.