adding an audio file

ChaimL0
Campaign Contributor

anyone know how to add an audio file to an email

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

This feature is not currently available in accounts. We ask for additional comments and votes be left on the open idea for uploading audio files to the library  instead of posting here. Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on the linked post above helps to influence future product decisions and allows you to be notified of replies from our teams. Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17
Frankie_P

Hi @ChaimL0 

At this time Constant Contact does not offer the ability to add an audio file directly into an email. Instead we suggest linking to an audio file from a 3rd party website. Is there a reason you would like to upload an audio file rather than connect to an outside source? Being able to upload an audio file in your Library is a feature request we have tracked in your account. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
TiffanyUWCK
Brand Influencer

I would appreciate this feature as well.  

MikeS77001
Campaign Collaborator

I am also interested in this feature. 

DavidW6378
Campaign Contributor

I am likewise interested in this feature.

Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @DavidW6378 and @MikeS77001,

Thank you for your feedback! We will be sure to track this on your account. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
KWF-SOIREE
Campaign Contributor

Definitely something that I am interested in...hence when I googled it. I see others are as well.

BerkshireBach
Marketing Legend

Hi! Yes, I too would like this ability in CC. Please let me know it coming soon! Fingers crossed!

MartinJ
Campaign Contributor

I could really use this to our companies advantage to add audio files.

GlennM908
Campaign Contributor
Adding an audio file would really help for my July 4th email!
Caitlin_M
Administrator

This feature is not currently available in accounts. We ask for additional comments and votes be left on the open idea for uploading audio files to the library  instead of posting here. Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on the linked post above helps to influence future product decisions and allows you to be notified of replies from our teams. Thank you.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
RoselinW
Rookie

I am anxious to have this feature available 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @RoselinW. As noted in the Top Answer for this post, we ask for additional comments for votes be left on this open idea for adding audio files to campaigns through our feedback board. Any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on the linked post helps to influence future product decisions and allows you to be notified of replies from our teams. Thank you.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
DouglasT041
Rookie

As users seek more creativity and multi-channel value from email sound with native integration would be a great addition! 

Shaw-University
Rookie
0 Votes

I have to link to an audio file in my Dropbox...which means in the present setup the email recipient clicks on the button/link and it takes them to a Dropbox page that plays the m4a file after you click on the "play" button. All I want is for them to click the button/link in the email and hear the audio file.

Are options for that available?

Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi !

As mentioned above, at this time Constant Contact does not offer the ability to add an audio file directly into an email. Instead we suggest linking to an audio file from a 3rd party website like you've been doing.

Kara.D

AlexandraL600
Rookie
0 Votes

What about the option to listen to a campaign instead of reading it? We create newsletters through ours and wondered if this was something on the horizon...

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @AlexandraL600,

Creating accessible emails is an important part of ensuring that everyone, regardless of any kind of disability, can read and understand the content within your emails. Not only does this promote inclusivity, but it also helps your organization by boosting engagement! By using the Cross Device Editor, you can make sure that those with disabilities can access your email campaign.

The Cross Device Editor allows screen readers - devices that assist blind or visually impaired users with reading text on a computer screen - to recognize and understand blocks of text. Therefore, when you send out an email using the Cross Device Template, you can be sure that all of your contacts, including those that use screen readers, will be able to read it.

Zoe H.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST