adding picture to newsletter glitches and must reopen page

RetoW9
Occasional Participant

when I add a new picture element to the newsletter i'm working on, the placeholder drags there and then when i double click it to replace it, it does not let me. clicking it just doesn't do anything. I have to save my work, close the campaign and reopen it again.

5 REPLIES 5
Adrienne_B
Employee

Hi @RetoW9 

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm sorry you are encountering this issue and would like to troubleshoot further with you. Can you please answer the following questions:

• The browser you are using
  • Does this only happen accessing the placeholder?
  • Does it seem to occur after you have been working in the account for awhile or is this at any time you try to click a placeholder?
  • Once you have tried this can you take any other action or you have to refresh the page?

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day! 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

I am also having the same issue. It's happening with the placeholder image as well as other images I've added. Even after saving and exiting the campaign, none of the image changes are actually saving.

I've also noticed some distortion in the images I've used when emails are viewed in Outlook. Images that I set to fill the screen are thumbnail size. 

JimS05187
Participant

This has been happening to me for a year. It is very frustrating. Constant Contact, please actually address this glitch and fix it.

LCSNW-NPS
Participant

I've been experiencing the same issue for about a year now as well. It's ongoing and becomes a frustrating waste of time.

• The browser you are using (Chrome)
  • Does this only happen accessing the placeholder? (picture "replace" only)
  • Does it seem to occur after you have been working in the account for awhile or is this at any time you try to click a placeholder? (yes, but once it begins it occurs more frequently- about ever 2-3 pictures I try to replace)
  • Once you have tried this can you take any other action or you have to refresh the page? (yes, I just can't use the "replace" function)

Hello @LCSNW-NPS ,

Does performing any basic connectivity troubleshooting alleviate the issue for you? That is, does clearing your cache, disabling browser extensions, or turning off ad /pop-up blockers and VPNs alleviate the issue? Does it also occur on other devices, browsers, or networks you have access to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
  • Support Tips

Reporting Metrics

"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - Will

See Article
  • Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article
  • Support Tips

Read Before You Send a Test Email

"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - Nick

See Article