We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

auto populate contact info

JulieO288
Consulting & Training

auto populate contact info

Why doesn't my contact info (which is saved in my profile / account) auto populate into each email?  Why do I have to keep entering it?

3 REPLIES 3
William_D

Hello @JulieO288 ,

When you say contact info, are you referring to the little bit above the footer where you include your organization's full contact info? If so, that's a text block you've manually created, meaning that it can only show up in your next email if you copy the previously sent email. Otherwise you'll need to re-type it if you're rebuilding the email from scratch each time.

If you're not referring to that text block, where in your email are you referring to contact info you have to re-type each time?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
JulieO288
Consulting & Training

Yes, I am speaking of the body of the email.  

On a similar note, my website / email used to show up in a drop down when adding a link and now it doesn't.  Any suggestions?

The dropdown aspect would be something specific to your browser. Our system doesn't automatically save autofill info like that. It'd be the same as typing in a previously searched term in a search engine.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.