automatic welcome letter not working

SOLVED
Go to solution
DirectorTrinkar
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm setting up a single Welcome letter for people who have recently signed up for a newsletter on my site. It has a personalized subject line with first name. There is just one automatic letter, not a series of automated responses.

I have a basic account - and what I've read is that this feature is offered on this plan. But in other areas of the CC site it looks like I need to upgrade.

Any advice why this auto-response would not be working? Could it be the personalization that is not included in my plan and is therefore blocking any response?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DirectorTrinkar ,

the issue is that you didn't set up a true welcome email-type automation, just a standard series which is why it can't be activated until you upgrade to Plus. When you go to Create a new campaign, select automation, then select Welcome Email Templates. Make sure the trigger type is set to welcome email, then continue as normal.

For full instructions on setting up a welcome email

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DirectorTrinkar ,

the issue is that you didn't set up a true welcome email-type automation, just a standard series which is why it can't be activated until you upgrade to Plus. When you go to Create a new campaign, select automation, then select Welcome Email Templates. Make sure the trigger type is set to welcome email, then continue as normal.

For full instructions on setting up a welcome email

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST