autoresponder series scheduling and changing order

Consulting & Training

autoresponder series scheduling and changing order

how do i simply change the schedule of my AR series? i can't simply just remove one AR email and put another in that position. WHY? I want to change the series schedule order and all i get in return is the message...unschedule error.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @JonR77 

Thank you for including this screenshot in your post! It definitely helps to understand what you're experiencing. This error message is actually a defect that appears when your previous re-ordering command is still processing in the system. The re-ordering process does however usually process within the next few hours. If for some reason you do not see your emails re-ordered we recommend renaming the email you were trying to reorder. You can also recreate your series, copy the emails and set these emails to the correct order.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Consulting & Training

I kind of thought maybe it needs time to reset. I deactivated, waited now for two days and nothing is changing when i go in and try to reorder them. I will however try renaming but again just seems redundant and almost like the functionality is faulty.
Consulting & Training

so how do i actually fix this issue? i mean, the functionality of these auto responder scheduling and unscheduling is REALLY bad. I mean i've deleted now ALL my other emails and then just simply added a new one, WHICH IS OFFERED IN THE DROP DOWN. but then again i get the error. I don't get why you'd offer a schedule and unschedule when you can't actually do it? I've harped on this topic for over a month w/CC because it's a major drag and completely ridiculous at this point how much time I've put into it.

my point is this. if someone is DOING the right things by monitoring conversions and have other better converters to put in the place of other emails underperforming, why should we have to CREATE a WHOLE NEW series when we should simply be able to unschedule one, put that on the back burner and schedule a new one? That simple...but does the functionality support this...NO. it's truly unfortunate and there's NO WAY I'm the only one that's complained about this scheduling too. there's just no way.

Hi @JonR77 

This experience you're having is a defect that not all users are seeing. Because of this we have to troubleshoot on a case by case basis. For instance, you're having this experience in our older Legacy Autoresponder Series. Are you seeing this happen in our updated Automated Series? If you are not, when recreating your series I would suggest recreating it in this updated version. I apologize if the workarounds I have provided are not the answer you were looking for. Though we recognize these workarounds are not a long-term solution to this defect, it is something we suggest in the meantime. There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. It does appear you campaign was edited and re-activated. Are you still in need of assistance with your campaign?

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Consulting & Training

to be honest, i have no idea if these ARs were created in the "updated" version or not. They are only 4 months old so if something new came out, I don't know about it. And YES, i restarted the series but I only did that because i really have no choice. I need these emails to go out, even if it's only two emails total. I had to delete all other email swipes because i can't even ADD a new one and schedule it. That's my confusion. it doesn't seem like the programming/coding on this AR scheduling feature/function is actually working. i can't imagine an updated version is necessary just to add an email and schedule it. The fact is i can't modify my current AR series/scheduling AT ALL. it is what it is now w/this series i guess. i just can't imagine that your tech team can't fix this issue. and if it's just on certain customers, then so be it. why isn't it getting fixed?

Hi @JonR77 

We'd be happy to help clarify how you can see if your autoresponder is in our updated version or not. The easiest way to check is through the Campaigns tab itself. Any automated series in our older version will show "Legacy Autoresponder Series" under the series name. While on the other hand, automated series in our updated version will simply say "Automated Series" instead.

2020-04-06_19-51-40.png

Because this series you're unable to easily edit is in our Legacy Autoresponder Series, we do suggest recreating it in the new series editor. You can do this through the Create button on your Campaigns tab.

Frankie.P