birthday list has been infiltrated

Occasional Participant

birthday list has been infiltrated

I just sent out 52 e-mails to people who were supposed to have March birthdays.  I got an e-mail back from a customer who said her birthday was in July.  So I went thru the whole March BD list, and there were 18 people who had multiple birthdays checked, March being one of the months.  Now I'm worried that my whole customer list has some incorrect entries that I didn't do.  I've never had this happen before, and I'm wondering how birthdays have been entered that way.  In 90% of the time, I personally enter someone's information.  Every time I get a new subscriber, I check to see what they have checked so I know that they have done it right.  Has something happened to your system where all of a sudden this is happening?

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @TerryJ4,

We haven't changed anything in the system, so what you're describing is definitely unusual.  It sounds like you're using separate lists for each of the birthday months.  The only thing I can think of, is that perhaps during a contact upload, or while moving contacts, one of the lists may have gotten checked on accident.  There is an easier solution to your problem though.  We have a birthday email campaign.  This would mean that you don't have to use separate lists for all of your contacts, and could instead just have a happy birthday email send automatically to contacts a few days before their birthday.  You can see some information on how to set that up here.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.