blocked bounces for gmail receivers

SOLVED
Go to solution
JaneB169
Rookie

Our district's monthly newsletter recently had a few changes made to it, but primarily visually, and then all of a sudden after sending the first visually updated one, it was bounced (blocked) specifically by 81% of our recipients (about 1700 people). It appeared that all these recipients have a Gmail account.

I was added as a new account admin so I thought it had to do with me switching the email it was sent from, but I re-sent the email using the original send email and they still bounced. I attempted to get into contact with customer support over the phone but was on hold for around 45 minutes before I needed to hang up to focus on other tasks. 

Any assistance would be incredibly helpful. 81% of our email database is a lot of people to suddenly be blocked. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JaneB169 ,

If you're encountering that level of blocked bounces, then there's either a specific element in that email that Gmail simply does not like, or it has something to do with the lack of self-authentication on your account. Since you have your own domain, I'd strongly advise getting your account's email self-authentication setup to alleviate the issue.

If you need specialized support or guidance regarding this, I'd advise reaching out to the Delivery team directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JaneB169 ,

If you're encountering that level of blocked bounces, then there's either a specific element in that email that Gmail simply does not like, or it has something to do with the lack of self-authentication on your account. Since you have your own domain, I'd strongly advise getting your account's email self-authentication setup to alleviate the issue.

If you need specialized support or guidance regarding this, I'd advise reaching out to the Delivery team directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST