Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to customize sub-bullets

I need access to my old stuff - how do to simple things like bullets and sub bullets are no longer available. Not everyone's contacts use only their mobile devices to look at emails. ridiculous. Constant Contact has wasted my time.

11 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @KristinL57433 where in your email campaign are you looking for bullets and sub bullets? Bullets are currently available through the formatting table that appears when in a text block.

2020-11-30_16-14-49.png

As for sub-bullets, this is a feature request we are collecting feedback on and have tracked through this post. The workaround we suggest in the meantime is to add a two column layout beneath your main bulleted list, and add bullets in the right column of the two column layout to appear in a sub list format. As for your email on mobile devices, what changes are you seeing? How would you expect your email to appear instead? 

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

I may be misreading @KristinL57433 's original post, but when I saw the headline about "customizing bulletsx" I thought that part of the request was to be able to change the type of bullet--for instance small bullet, larger bullet, arrow, check mark, etc. This allows you to use bullet styles for a variety of purposes. Add in the ability to control the spacing between bulleted items and you have a real improvement! Also agree sub-bullets would be good, but here again you need to have them actually treated as sub-bullets (that is, they should have a different "look" from the primary bullet. The other problem I see with your workaround is that the user has no control over the size of the columns in a two-column layout. Most of the time, you cannot make the first column as narrow as I would want to in order to have soemthing that really looks like a sub bullet.

Frankie_P

Hi @rcppubs23 thanks for sharing your feedback on this post! The good news is we do have threads focused on having the ability to change appearance of unordered list bullets and changing line spacing for bulleted and numbered lists. In fact we recommend sharing your need for these features directly on the corresponding thread. The more requests like these threads receive the higher of a priority it can be given by our Product Team.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend

Thanks Frankie. I have already commented in both of those threads. Is there something stronger than that that I should be doing?

Frankie_P

Hi @rcppubs23 thanks for commenting on both of these threads! Post comments and kudos on feedback threads are the steps we recommend. While we may not respond to every comment or have a time estimate of when features will be available – it is acknowledged and tracked with our Product Team. In fact, here is a section of our Community that helps explain what we do with our customer’s feedback.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

nhbsred
Constant Contact Partner

How do I change the bullets to checkboxes?

CallistaF
Rookie

Any update to readding the feature of sub-bullets? 

LynnF057
Rookie

Still hoping for a more robust way to have this feature directly within Constant Contact... please.  doesn't seem like it should be difficult to do as it's out there in so many forms already. I'd be happy with 2 levels.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More