can't add new contacts

Participant

can't add new contacts

I keep getting the error [missing "en.edit.errors.is invalid" translation] over the email field when trying to add new contacts.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @YvonneS6 

This error message you've received is a defect we are continuing to troubleshoot. This does however appears to only affect when adding individual email addresses. A workaround we suggest is changing the email address slightly by adding a 1 to the end, or some other character. If this updated email saves successfully, you can then edit the email address and change it back to the intended address. You also have the ability of uploading your contact through the Paste names & Emails option instead.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

We've just experienced this same issue just today. Exact same error message. We were notified by someone who wanted to sign up that they got an error message. The message they received incorrectly indicates that "The link you clicked on appears to be broken." However, when I attempted to add the email address for this person I received the same error message that @YvonneS6 got. In fact, I found this thread by Googling the error message. At the same time our webmaster checked the website and found that the links are not broken, and he was able to sign up.

Since the earlier message in this thread was posted in March I wonder if this issue being taken care of?

Thank you.

Fritz Miller

fritz.miller@sdpb.org

Have also just run into this issue, still present 3 months later. 

Hello @FritzM and @VincentV22 ,

Thank you both for reaching out to let us know that this is happening for you as well and I'm sorry for the late response! This is mainly happening when the contact attempted to be added has tried to sign up to more than 5 sign up forms in 24 hours and has triggered a 'Signup Abuse' protocol to protect against spammers. If this is the case, you can try to add them again 24 hours later.

If that's not the case, we recommend changing the email address slightly by adding a 1 to the end and try to save it to the list. If it saves successfully, you can edit the email address and change it back to the intended address. Please let us know if you have any additional questions about this process! 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

I tried adding the 1 at the end and it does save.  But then I can't edit the address without getting that message again!