We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

clickable table of contents

davjohnson

clickable table of contents

I desperately need to be able to have a clickable table of contents in the newsletter I have been sending out for more than 10 years. My newsletter contains 30 or so articles that for ease of navigation require a table of contents that the reader can easily use for navigation. Nothing remotely complicated about anything else is a purely text newsletter

The 3rd generation editor apparently does not permit this. I  desperately need it. Please find a workable solution. Or permit use of "old" 2nd generation templates.

I would also say that people reading my newsletter on mobile devices CAN use the newsletter. And the newsletter gets thru to gmail and other accounts, contrary to Constant Contacts claim that newsletters with anchor links are rejected.

3 REPLIES 3
Adelina_R
Employee

Hello @davjohnson 

Unfortunately, we don't yet have that function in our Third Generation Editor. I can pass that info along to our developers and have them reach out to you via email if we have an updates or decided to add this back! In the meantime, we can always insert in a text link to other articles if needed to help shorten you email and give people the ability to open them in new tabs! 

Adelina R
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Appreciate your rapid response. In the last week I have had a couple interactions with CC staff and they also said they would pass the problem on. They tried to be helpful and had a few suggestions. I will look in to your text link suggestion. I also seemed to me that the argument for abandoning anchor links is not necessarily compelling. May be a good idea of some reasons but a bad idea for others. Such as destroying a newsletter like mine. I don't need a cute 2-4 pages brochure/newsletter.

I find it incredible that there are not a bunch of newsletters that use CC that do not need a clickable listing of contents at the front. My newsletter is the simplest possible thing with only a bunch of articles that require a convenient means of navigation. I must also say

Hello @davjohnson,

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Anchor links don't work on most mobile email clients unfortunately and we want our new product to be as mobile friendly as possible. We will definitely submit your feedback and appreciate you telling us your thoughts! Thank you. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.