colors/fonts change once test email is sent

HortensiaO
Rookie
0 Votes

I recently created a new campaign that looks fine in all of the preview tabs (including mobile). However, upon sending the email, the fonts and colors come out completely different. 
For example, the text is supposed to be white, but in the test email, all of it is black. The background is also a completely different shade of red than the one I selected in the preview. 
The logo, which is supposed to be transparent, comes out with a gray background and is formatted incorrectly. 

I've found some people with similar issues in the forums, but have yet to figure out how to resolve this. 

3 REPLIES 3
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @HortensiaO , 

I apologize that you are running into this. This certainly shouldn't be happening, and we would need a bit more detail to investigate further. What email client are you opening the email in? (i.e. Outlook, Gmail, etc.). Also, is the email being forwarded at all beyond the original test send? 

Generally, our support team is best able to troubleshoot display issues on a live basis. For the quickest response, you may wish to reach out to them directly.

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
HortensiaO
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm opening the email in gmail, both on desktop and mobile. The colors and formatting are only messed up in mobile (again, despite the fact that they look fine in the preview tab). 

The email is not being forwarded at all after the initial test send. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Are you viewing the email in dark mode in the Gmail app? Does switching to light mode correct the color formatting?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST