We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

contact list vs. active contacts

MichaelL1146
Participant

contact list vs. active contacts

I deleted 68 contacts off my list, (those contacts wishing to unsubscribe); however the number is still listed on me contact list, but not in my active contacts. My unsibscribe is now at 0. Why is there a discrepancy? I only have 1913 active contacts, but it says I also have over 2000 contacts.
1 REPLY 1
Amber_R
Employee

Hello Michael, 

To answer your question, Active contacts are contacts that you can email, excluding the company contacts that we create for you

Your View All number of contacts could be off for a few different reasons.

View All will consider:

• company profiles
  • unsubscribed email addresses
  • contact names without an email address
  • and contact email addresses that may not be on any Email List but they are considered an Active Contact. 

I took a look at your account and noticed that there were a few names & emails that were not on any Email List and a list of names that had no email attached. Names without an email address are not considered Active contacts as you cannot send to them. But this could explain the discrepency. 

Additionally, If you delete contacts from a list you want to make sure you delete them from the account and not just remove from list:

deletecontacts.PNG

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if i can assist any further!

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.