contacts involUNTARILY BEING UNSUBSCRIBED

contacts involUNTARILY BEING UNSUBSCRIBED

I've written to you previously, and talked with a rep. This is continuing to happen.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: contacts involUNTARILY BEING UNSUBSCRIBED

Hello @AshleyH9194. I see that you did just recently discuss this with our Support team and they were able to give you more information about this issue. I would like to post some of this information for the rest of our Community and also for your own reference.

When a contact is unsubscribed, this usually happens when the SafeUnsubscribe link is clicked at the bottom of every email that you send out. If one of your contacts forwards an email to a friend or coworker that is not subscribed to your newsletter, the friend will click that unsubscribe link, thinking they are unsubscribing themselves. What does happen is that the original contact gets unsubscribed instead. It looks like this was the case with some of your contacts.

I did look into your account and saw that you are still using our 2GE editor which has our Forward to a Friend feature. The link is located in the footer of your email and you can insert a link into a block. Using this feature allows your contacts to put in their own personal note to let them know why they're receiving it and it prevents them from unsubscribing the contact. This feature is only available in 2GE editors at the moment but we are collecting feedback to input this feature into our new editor.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.