The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

contacts unsubscribing

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

contacts unsubscribing

We have several e-mail lists and often people unsubscribe rather than update profile. Is there a way to change the footer to have "update profile" as the only choice so they are forced to go to a page where they select/deselect any or all of the e-mail lists they are subscribed to? We are about to institute two new e-mails that I anticipate will have their own audiences that will not necessarily match the others we use currently.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: contacts unsubscribing

Hello @DOC_Communications 

We understand your concern and apologize if this has caused any inconvenience! Unfortunately, we will not be able to take out the Unsubscribe button in the footer of the email. In order to comply with the CAN-SPAM Act the final recipient needs to be able to opt-out of future messages from the original sender. This means that we do require the Unsubscribe button in the footer of your email.

We would recommend placing a sign up form link or poll inside an email before the footer to get feedback from your contacts in order to place them in lists they may prefer better!

You can read more about that here! 

CAN-SPAM Act and How It Affects Your Campaigns

Adelina R
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Tags (2)
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured