cross device template

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I have been experimenting with the cross device template because it is the only place where you can add tiktok to your social media icons. I want to be able to do this, but I don't like the fact that the view of the images in your image library crops them all to squares. Sometimes if you have a horizontal shape image  you can't recognize it easily when it is cropped square. I didn't find a way to change this setting. Does anyone know???

If not, this template is kind of a non starter for me. The old library displayed the thumbnails when you went to find one that's already uploaded to your account and you could tell what shape they were easily. Why change that?

12 REPLIES 12
rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I wrote about this in another thread--I had been experimenting with the cross device editor exactly for this reason, wanting to include tiktok with my other social media icons. Tonight I put together an email using it, and discovered that for some reason when using this template the media library images display differently. They all now are cropped to squares. I don't mean the actual images are cropped but in the display, for instance when you are searching images, the search results display them all as squares. Sometimes it is very hard to recognize the content of a horizontal rectantular image when it's cropped square. Is there a way to change that setting and have the images display as they really are, like they do in the other templates? (It baffles me why for one template, or maybe it's a set of templates, the media library would work differently than all the others, and it makes me worried that the media library may start looking that way in all templates, which would really slow my time in searching through images.

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @rcppubs23

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this with us! This experience you're describing is not template specific, but rather related to our image library.  At this time, the image editor system used in our library uploads contacts at the default 'flyer' size of 1200 x 1600 px. Are there specific template sizes or ratios you would like to see? The workaround we suggest is to crop your image image using the image editor after uploading. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

@Frankie_P

I did not even get so far as some of the other commenters here who seem to be saying that the image doesn't import in the correct dimension. I think you may not have understood, or i may not have explained clearly, the problem I am encountering. I have screenshots I can provide but I don't see a way to do that, though I thought I remembered that was possible in the community.

The problem I am encountering is that when I go to select an image to use in my campaign, the page that comes up showing the images for me to select from shows them only in a square format, so it is sometimes hard to find the one I want (when I'm only seeing a square cropped section of it). This happens as far as I can tell only in the cross device templates, not my older 3G templates.

It does seem like it may have something to do with Canva, which I hadn't realized at first. I would like to see the images in the shape they actually exist when I go to select an image.

If there is a way to upload my 2 screenshots, it may help you see the problem more clearly.

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @rcppubs23 

Thank you for clarifying the experience you're having with the images in your account. Can you please share the screenshot or screenshots you may have? These screenshots would are helpful information for us to have so we may continue troubleshooting on your behalf. Images can be included in your comment through the Insert Photos link.

2022-05-04_16-38-24.png

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi @Frankie_P,

Here are the two screenshots...Note in particular the horizontal orange bar with Spanish text in it saying "De Pie por el Derecho al Aborto" which is cropped to a square showing only a part of a word in the screenshot from the cross devive template. Also the gold one on the end of that row. This should give you an idea of what I'm talking about when I say it's sometimes hard to locate the image I want to use when I can only see a cropped part of it.

image library in 3g templateimage library in 3g templateimage library in cross device templateimage library in cross device template

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @rcppubs23

Thanks for following up with these details! We have opened up a ticket with our upper level of support for further troubleshooting on this experience. We ask that you please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the best email, name and phone number for you to be reached at. A member of this support team will reach out in 4 business days with an update. 

Frankie.P

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I did email this address you provided, but they responded as if it was just a random request. WHoever was replying didn't seem to have even look at this post which I referenced so they would know what I was writing about. Should I really expect to hear something in 4 business days? The reply they sent me sounded like it could be "whenever..."

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @rcppubs23,

Yes, I was able to confirm that you will hear something back in 4 business days. Thank you for your patience!

Zoe H.

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I am still hoping to hear that there is a plan to change this type of display, or to be informed that it will not be done. If it is not going to be done, or will be a long wait, I'll just stop trying to use this template. But the way things work, we don't get notified when something is changed, and we have to just keep trying to do it, which is a real time waster.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @rcppubs23,

I do apologize that at this time we do not have a fix yet. If we do make a change within the product you will receive an email update! Thanks. 

Zoe H.

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I noticed today that this problem appears to have been fixed, and I can now view the images as full images, not cropped squares. I hope this is a true solution and not something that happened by accident that will disappear later. Can anyone verify that this is actually resolved in this way? Thanks.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @rcppubs23. I went into my own account and double-clicked an image placeholder that shows the same grid layout with the cropped squares. Do you mind providing me with a screenshot of what you were seeing

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST