deleting 2,000 contacts who have not opened an email

SOLVED
Go to solution
TRHC
Rookie
0 Votes

I am trying to clean up an organization's contacts so that they can make more effective use of CC. There are about 2,000 folks on the list who have never opened a contact. I want to delete those that pre-date 2020. How do I do that without going into each one individually?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @TRHC. From what I'm understanding, you are looking to delete contacts who have not engaged with an email and were uploaded to your account before 2020. You will create a segment and use these details: Contact Activity > Did Not Open > Custom Date Range with the last date being a date in 2020. You will also include the criteria for Contact Details > Date Added > Custom Date Range to find contacts who existed in the account before 2020. From there, you will add the segment to a list and delete the list.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @TRHC. From what I'm understanding, you are looking to delete contacts who have not engaged with an email and were uploaded to your account before 2020. You will create a segment and use these details: Contact Activity > Did Not Open > Custom Date Range with the last date being a date in 2020. You will also include the criteria for Contact Details > Date Added > Custom Date Range to find contacts who existed in the account before 2020. From there, you will add the segment to a list and delete the list.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST