deleting image confusion

SOLVED
Go to solution
SylviaW57
Rookie

I'm confused about what happens when I delete an image.

The Help file says: Keep your Library clean by getting rid of old images or documents. Deleting files removes them from the Library, but does not remove them from any past or existing campaigns that use them.

However, when I try to delete an image I get the following message: Are you sure you want to delete 1 file?
Deleting will remove these files from any campaigns that use them.  You can restore deleted files from Trash if you change your mind.

Which one is correct?  Are they removed from campaigns, or not?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SylviaW57,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! Deleting images from your library will remove these images from any campaigns that use them. I do apologize for the confusion! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SylviaW57,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! Deleting images from your library will remove these images from any campaigns that use them. I do apologize for the confusion! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
HayleyG8
Rookie
0 Votes

I think I understand, but to clarify: Does that mean that mean COMPLETED campaigns too? i.e. if I delete a photo that was used in an email campaign that was sent out a year ago, would it disappear from an old instance of that e-newsletter in someone's email inbox, disappear from the "view online" version of that completed email campaign, or just disappear from current email campaigns that are still being designed in draft form that might be using it? Or all of the above?

William_A
Administrator

So a sent email will differ greatly from, for example, a landing page, an event, a drafted email, or the webpage version of an email. Deleting the image should remove these images from those applicable campaigns / statuses. However an email that's been sent out will contain the image itself, since it was embedded into it. If an image was inserted through URL, then breaking that URL may affect the sent email, but otherwise images regularly inserted into emails and sent out would still contain those images.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST