We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

edit emails

StacyW2
Retail

edit emails

How come I can't edit the email when I click on Edit. Customer has given us a new email, but I can't update her old one to reflect the new one.

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @StacyW2 ,

If a contact was ever unsubscribed then had to be resubscribed (will show resubscribed by X as of Y next to the email address), the ability to edit their email won't be available. This is because that coded contact ID is now locked to that email address, for Compliance reasons. The best option would be to create a brand new contact for this email address, and simply fill in all the respective contact fields and put into the applicable lists.

If you don't believe this contact was ever unsubbed / resubbed at any point, feel free to reply directly to the automated @ mention email with the contact's current email address, and we'll investigate further.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.