editing toolbar obscures top lines of my email

SOLVED
Go to solution
jerryw
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I am trying to edit an email using the editing tool online - I must be doing something wrong because the toolbar makes it almost impossible to edit the first paragraph (i have to nudge it around and can only see one line at a time) - is there some way to tell the toolbar to kindly move elsewhere on the page? This is really difficult to work with. Help! (I called technical support last time this frustrated me and was not able to get any useful advice.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @jerryw ,

The only way I was able to recreate the issue you're describing was when I zoomed in my browser screen to over 125%. To resolve your issue, you'll want to either:

• Zoom out on your browser screen- the formatting toolbar is supposed to clip to the top of your screen, or the top of the block if you're scrolled up far enough
  • Split up your text block- Having exceedingly long text blocks can result in issues with browser lag from formatting autosaves and rendering. It can also cause the formatting toolbar to lag behind and in the middle when scrolling up and down frequently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator

Hello @jerryw ,

The only way I was able to recreate the issue you're describing was when I zoomed in my browser screen to over 125%. To resolve your issue, you'll want to either:

• Zoom out on your browser screen- the formatting toolbar is supposed to clip to the top of your screen, or the top of the block if you're scrolled up far enough
  • Split up your text block- Having exceedingly long text blocks can result in issues with browser lag from formatting autosaves and rendering. It can also cause the formatting toolbar to lag behind and in the middle when scrolling up and down frequently.

William A
jerryw
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

William A - ahh - yes, this is very helpful - I had the whole email in one long block - so I began to break things up into smaller blocks and I think that solves the problem. But it raises another one - I found that I didn't know how to use the block ediitor - is there a good tutorial that covers the basics of creating a fairly straightforward email with the block editor? Thanks again for ansswering.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @jerryw ,

Any of our articles regarding email design best practices would be good places to start. If you're generally just going to be sending a plain-text style email, you should be okay to leave it as a single text block, up to a certain length. However it's generally helpful to split up such emails with some kind of divider or other element for the sake of readability. We've found that people are much more willing to fully read emails that are split into more digestible sections, than one longer essay-style writing.

If you're regularly copying copies of copies, then it's possible the email build up junk coding overtime, even if it's a fairly barebones email, such as plain-text email. Generally speaking, it's best to copy from a more original source, like a master/reusable template for each new sendout you're planning to do.

I'd recommend taking a look at some of these articles for additional info on email design:

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST