email addresses used and privacy warning

Regular Participant

email addresses used and privacy warning

What email addresses does CC use to send emails to me?

I made the mistake of subscribing to Get Help thinking I'd get a box up where I'd enter the email I want to use for receiving these kinds of emails.  You don't give us the option to put in email address but you should be changing your system to permit it like the rest of the world.  So now my inbox is flooded with stuff and I can't see emails that I should be paying attention to. Your agent told me to use unsubscribe in the email to stop them and offered no solution for how to get them to another address.  If I use unsubscribe, then I will never get any emails from that particular address when in fact there probably are times where you will have an email to send me using that address that I want to receive.  

So how do I restore my account to the way it looked prior to me subscribing?

Also I learned that every email we send to you goes into a public data base that everyone can read. You should have a warning on every point of submission to tell the writer their email will be shared publicly and not to include anything that they do not want the public to see.  I tried discussing this with an agent but they weren't interested

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @ActionCIND,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! If you would like to still receive these emails from us but have them go to a different inbox, you can select "Update Profile" at the bottom of the newsletters instead of the unsubscribe option. Can you also give me some more information about which public database you are seeing your email newsletter appear to the public? Can you also send us a screenshot so we can do addition research? Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.