embed a link into a PDF flyer

SOLVED
Go to solution
BikurCholim
Rookie
0 Votes

I have a PDF flyer that I want to email on constant contact, but I want to embed a link into it so that when anyone hits the flyer they land on my website. How can I do this? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BikurCholim ,

Since PDFs can't be embedded into emails, they're instead added as images. Typically most customers will link this image directly to the PDF, or rely on the system to do it automatically - such as in the case of PDF-created emails.

If you're just wanting to include the image of the flyer, and there's no other links in the PDF you're wanting contacts to be able to click on, then I'd advise just setting up that image to link directly to your site. I'd also advise adding some additional text or other content, since image-only emails can get caught in more aggressive spam filters.

See also:

Text links

Button links

Inserting documents

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BikurCholim ,

Since PDFs can't be embedded into emails, they're instead added as images. Typically most customers will link this image directly to the PDF, or rely on the system to do it automatically - such as in the case of PDF-created emails.

If you're just wanting to include the image of the flyer, and there's no other links in the PDF you're wanting contacts to be able to click on, then I'd advise just setting up that image to link directly to your site. I'd also advise adding some additional text or other content, since image-only emails can get caught in more aggressive spam filters.

See also:

Text links

Button links

Inserting documents

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST