export list of unsubscribes

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi,

I'd like to be able to do a search that shows all the contacts who unsubscribed in a specific time period. Is there a way to do this? It seems like the "date edited" field will give me the date they unsubscribed since that would probably be the last edit. Is that right? If so, then is there a way I can search for all those who unsubscribed between, say, April 1 and now? Or do I need to export all the unsubscribed contacts and then manually select the part of that list that I need?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @rcppubs23 ,

At this time there isn't an exact path for segmenting or sorting out the unsubscribes you need. With that said, there's a couple different ways you could go about it at this time.

The most straightforward method would be to simply export all your unsubscribes and every bit of information, including their last edited date. Their last edit date will be their most recent unsubscription. In your current contacts view, you'll go to the Contacts sub-tab, change All Contacts to Unsubscribed contacts, then select all and export. The three dots in the top-right corner will get you to the import/export activity page to download.

For more info on navigating the contacts redesign beta.

You could also create and export a segment based on List Membership > Not on List > Any List, and also include Contact Activity > Opened > Any Email > and select the date range you're wanting.

I've made sure to note your requests regarding sorting / segmenting unsubscribes, and submitted the case to the engineers for further review. If and when they have an update for this request, they'll make sure to notify you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I know I managed to follow these instructions over a month ago. Now I want to do it again, but I can't see how to export only my unsubscribes. What I tried was going to the contacts page, changed the default "all contacts" to "unsubscribed" and then went to export, but it exported the whole list. I know there must be some simple thing to do to get this export but I haven't been able to figure it out. Can you help?

Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @rcppubs23,

I took a look at your account and when you select Contacts, then choose the All Contacts drop down option and change it to Unsubscribed and select all of the email addresses there and choose Actions then Export, it will only export the unsubscribed. If you select the three dots in the top right hand corner and select View Import/Export Activity you will see my export there with all of the unsubscribed contacts only and you can download it there. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST