footer address in email campaigns

SOLVED
Go to solution
AnnL091
Not applicable
0 Votes

for some reason my address at the bottom of the campaigns is coming up as British Columbia instead of Ontario. I have looked at the Organization address and it is correct.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AnnL091 ,

I noticed the issue as well, how it only seemed to reflect in the Preview, but not in the editor or in your account settings. I made a copy of your email (will shows as "CSCTEST_") and manually rewrote the footer to have the same info that it should have. After making that change, the correct ON was showing in previews and test sends.

When you're able, please check to see if you're seeing this reflected on your end for the CSCTEST_ version of your English email. If so, I'd recommend doing the same thing for your French email - click the footer, delete the state info, change countries from and back to Canada, then re-enter state info as ON. That should force through update and make it so that mistaken British Columbia text isn't showing or being sent out for the email. Copying the email going forward should retain that info.

If this email is several generations of copies of copies, then it's possible there's been a buildup of glitched background coding that might've resulted in this. It may be worth looking into making a master template that you can directly copy from each time, so erroneous copy-copy-copy coding doesn't get built up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @AnnL091 ,

I noticed the issue as well, how it only seemed to reflect in the Preview, but not in the editor or in your account settings. I made a copy of your email (will shows as "CSCTEST_") and manually rewrote the footer to have the same info that it should have. After making that change, the correct ON was showing in previews and test sends.

When you're able, please check to see if you're seeing this reflected on your end for the CSCTEST_ version of your English email. If so, I'd recommend doing the same thing for your French email - click the footer, delete the state info, change countries from and back to Canada, then re-enter state info as ON. That should force through update and make it so that mistaken British Columbia text isn't showing or being sent out for the email. Copying the email going forward should retain that info.

If this email is several generations of copies of copies, then it's possible there's been a buildup of glitched background coding that might've resulted in this. It may be worth looking into making a master template that you can directly copy from each time, so erroneous copy-copy-copy coding doesn't get built up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST